How Do I



Letter to Verizon Fios 4/6/2020
Letter to Verizon Fios 12/23/19

The Township has spoken to its Verizon representative to find out the status on the availability of Verizon FIOS, as many residents inquired. Verizon FIOS will not be available in Mount Laurel this year and there is not a date known as to when it will become available. The reason has a couple elements:

First, the installation of the FIOS is a labor intensive project. Verizon must upgrade all lines in what is called an exchange area. These exchange areas were set up many years ago and do not border municipalities. Exchange areas contain both older and newer developments. Older developments have lines attached to telephone poles, which are easy to upgrade. However, newer developments have most utilities underground. To add FIOS to an underground system requires extensive engineering, design, and physical labor.

Second, Verizon is under a legislative mandate that requires it to upgrade 70 of the most densely populated New Jersey areas to FIOS within a restricted time period. These areas are mostly in North Jersey and Central Jersey . The South Jersey communities that receive Verizon FIOS first are those that are part of the exchange area that includes a County seat. Mount Laurel is not part of an exchange area that includes a County seat. Verizon will first focus on complying with its mandate before it begins upgrades in other areas.

The Township is sorry that the Township will not be seeing the upgrade to FIOS as soon as many of the residents desired. If you have any questions please contact the Township Manager. The Township’s Verizon representative is willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have about Verizon FIOS  

Q: How can I request speed humps for a Township owned street?
A: You can contact the Mount Laurel Police Department's Traffic and Safety Division at 856-234-1414 EXT. 1565. 

Q: How do I dispose of my bed mattress? 
A:  Matresses and furniture can go out with your regular trash. You can visit the Public Works page for more information on trash and recycling.  

Q. How do I dispose of a basketball hoop and pole?
A. Contact Public Works for a Wednesday pick-up at 856-234-0001 ext 1241. You can also visit our Public Works page for more information regarding disposal of household material. 

Marriage/Civil Union Licence Instructions: (click link below)

Questions about Trash/Recycling or potholes: (click link below)

PSEG New Vegetation Management Rules (click link below)

How do I report a street light that is out? (click link below)

Is your property in a flood zone?