Tax Collector's Office
100 Mount Laurel Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tax Collector - Kim Muchowski
(856) 234-0001 Ext: 1222
Office Email email@example.com
Tax Clerk- Kelly Farrell
(856) 234-0001 Ext 1285
Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently, we are still closed to the public, listed below are options to make payment:
- Mail a check or money order made payable to: Mount Laurel Township, 100 Mount Laurel Road, Mount Laurel NJ 08054
- We now have a walk up window located outside the main entrance of the Municipal Building. You can stop by any day Monday-Friday from 8AM-4PM to process your payments.
- Drop off your check or money order to the Municipal building. There is a security drop box located at the main entrance of the building on the right attached to the wall. It is marked in red “Tax Collector’s Office.”
- You can also make payment online through our website at www.mountlaurel.com Click on the second tab on the left of the homepage “Pay Taxes Online.”
- Please note that we will not be accepting any cash payments at this time.
- If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your payment.
For information on how to register for Auto Debit: CLICK HERE for process; Click Here for ACH Application Form (allows the Collector to debit quarterly taxes directly from the taxpayers checking account)
Funding for the Homestead Benefit and/or Senior Freeze programs will be determined by the new budget proposed by the Governor and agreed to by the Legislature, which is scheduled to go into effect October 1. Please check the state website at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml for updates after October 1, 2020.
Taxes are due
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
There is a ten (10) day grace period. (N.J.S.A. 54:4-66) Unless otherwise stated, interest will be charged back to the original due date if taxes are not paid by the 10th.
Postmarks: Postmarks will not be accepted.
Interest: Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% on the first $1,500.00 of delinquency and 18% on any amount of delinquency over $1,500.00. (N.J.S.A. 54:4-67)
Receipts: To receive a receipt for payment, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No receipt will be sent unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is included.
Mortgages: If you have a mortgage company escrowing for taxes and they do not receive a copy of the tax bill from the Tax Office it is your responsibility to see that they get a copy.
Tax Deductions: Contact the Assessor’s office for applications.
Duplicate bill fee: The duplicate bill fee is $2.00