Starting the week of 5/31/2021 there will be a change for some residents trash collection day.
Central Jersey Waste will be the new company collecting trash.
Below are 2 links to help find what day your trash day will be starting on 5/31.
PDF MAP OF TRASH COLLECTION DAYS
LISTING APHABETICALLY BY STREET (For streets that are affected by the change)
Friday trash delays will be picked up on Saturday.
***Recycling is picked up by the County and is not affected by this change
NOTICE TO MOUNT LAUREL RESIDENTS
- Trash cans cannot weigh anymore than 50 lbs. and bags should not weigh anymore than 45 to 50 lbs.
- Trash should not be placed at the curb any earlier than 24 hours before scheduled pick-up. Trash cans are to be removed from the curb within 24 hours of pick-up.
- Trash Cans must be outside containers only, all other containers will be considered trash.
- Move Outs that produce excessive amounts of trash will require a dumpster. This is the responsibility of the homeowner. Homeowners can contact the Zoning office for a dumpster permit application Or visit the Zoning webpage.
- Construction debris: Debris that is generated by a homeowner can and will be picked up with regular household trash as long as the amount is not excessive. If you are going to put out large amounts of trash a dumpster may be necessary, call public works to discuss. Fencing is limited to (2) 6 foot sections. Must be cut and neatly stacked. Nails must either be removed or hammered down so an injury does not occur. Wood must be cut in no larger than 4 foot sections. Outside contractors are required to remove any debris they generate.
- Carpet removed and installed by the homeowner must be cut into 4 foot or smaller sections. Carpets installed by a contractor must be removed by a contractor. Carpets removed by homeowners are limited to (1) 20x 20 foot section of carpet.
- Furniture and bedding can be placed at the curb for your regular trash pick up. 2 items per household per week. Mattresses must be wrapped in plastic.
- Concrete, bricks, stone, dirt, sod, asphalt, etc. cannot be picked up by Central Jersey Waste or Public Works. These items are the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Fresh cut grass clippings can go out with regular trash. Please place in a bag or container.
- Appliances and metal/aluminum material is picked up on Wednesdays by calling Public Works to schedule a pick-up.
- Prescription Drugs can be dropped off in the Police lobby in the marked collection container. Also, Walmart and Sams Club have a prescription drug collection program in over 1000 of their stores.
Habitat For Humanity will take your used furniture and other items and give you a tax write off receipt. (click here for more information)