Trash will be delayed 1 day all week for the week of 9/6.
Central Jersey Waste will be the new company collecting trash.
Below are 2 links to help find what day your trash day will be starting on 5/31.
- PDF MAP OF TRASH COLLECTION DAYS
- LISTING APHABETICALLY BY STREET (For streets that are affected by the change)
***Recycling is picked up by the County and is not affected by this change
NOTICE TO MOUNT LAUREL RESIDENTS
- Trash cans cannot weigh anymore than 50 lbs. and bags should not weigh anymore than 45 to 50 lbs. If you will be putting out an excessive amount of trash please contact Public Works first to inquire about the limits.
- Trash should not be placed at the curb any earlier than 24 hours before scheduled pick-up. Trash cans are to be removed from the curb within 24 hours of pick-up.
- Trash Cans must be outside containers only, all other containers will be considered trash.
- Move Outs that produce excessive amounts of trash will require a dumpster. This is the responsibility of the homeowner. Homeowners can contact the Zoning office for a dumpster permit application Or visit the Zoning webpage.
- Construction debris: Debris that is generated by a homeowner can and will be picked up with regular household trash as long as the amount is not excessive. If you are going to put out large amounts of trash a dumpster may be necessary, call public works to discuss. Nails must either be removed or hammered down so an injury does not occur. Wood must be cut in no larger than 4 foot sections. Outside contractors are required to remove any debris they generate.
- Carpet removed and installed by the homeowner must be cut into 4 foot or smaller sections. Carpets installed by a contractor must be removed by a contractor. Carpets removed by homeowners are limited to (1) 20x 20 foot section of carpet.
- Furniture and bedding can be placed at the curb for your regular trash pick up. 2 items per household per week. Mattresses must be wrapped in plastic.
- Concrete, bricks, stone, dirt, sod, asphalt, etc. cannot be picked up by Gold Medal or Public Works. These items are the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Fresh cut grass clippings can go out with regular trash. Please place in a bag or container.
- Appliances and metal/aluminum material is picked up on Wednesdays by calling Public Works to schedule a pick-up.
- Prescription Drugs can be dropped off in the Police lobby in the marked collection container. Also, Walmart and Sams Club have a prescription drug collection program in over 1000 of their stores.
Habitat For Humanity will take your used furniture and other items and give you a tax write off receipt. (click here for more information)