The following holidays will delay trash ONE
DAY all week: New Year's Day (not for 2023), Memorial Day,
Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
Central Jersey Waste is the company that is collecting trash.
Trash Issues Please Call: Public Works
Phone: 856-234-0001 ext.1241
- PDF MAP OF TRASH COLLECTION DAYS
- LISTING APHABETICALLY BY STREET (For streets that are affected by the change)
***Recycling is picked up by the County and is not affected by this change
NOTICE TO MOUNT LAUREL RESIDENTS
- Trash cans cannot weigh anymore than 50 lbs. and bags should not weigh anymore than 45 to 50 lbs. If you will be putting out an excessive amount of trash please contact Public Works first to inquire about the limits. No more than 5 bags of household trash permitted.
- Trash should not be placed at the curb any earlier than 24 hours before scheduled pick-up. Trash cans are to be removed from the curb within 24 hours of pick-up.
- Trash Cans must be outside containers only, all other containers will be considered trash.
- Move Outs that produce excessive amounts of trash will require a dumpster. This is the responsibility of the homeowner. Homeowners can contact the Zoning office for a dumpster permit application Or visit the Zoning webpage.
- Construction debris: Small amounts of debris that is generated by a homeowner will be picked up with regular household trash as long as the amount is not excessive. If you are going to put out large amounts of trash a dumpster may be necessary, call public works to discuss. Nails must either be removed or hammered down so an injury does not occur. Wood must be bundled and cut in no larger than 4 foot sections. Outside contractors are required to remove any debris they generate. 1 to 2 Fence sections can be put at the curb for regular trash as long as the nails are removed and it is cut into 4 foot sections.
- Carpet removed and installed by the homeowner must be cut into 4 foot or smaller sections. Carpets installed by a contractor must be removed by a contractor. Carpets removed by homeowners are limited to (1) 20x 20 foot section of carpet.
- Furniture and bedding can be placed at the curb for your regular trash pick up. 2 items per household per week. Mattresses/Box springs must be wrapped in plastic.
- Concrete, bricks, stone, dirt, sod, asphalt, roof shingles, etc. cannot be picked up by the trash contractor or Public Works. These items are the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Fresh cut grass clippings can go out with regular trash. Please place in a bag or container.
- Appliances and metal/aluminum material is picked up on Wednesdays by calling Public Works to schedule a pick-up.
- Prescription Drugs can be dropped off in the Police lobby in the marked collection container. Also, Walmart and Sams Club have a prescription drug collection program in over 1000 of their stores.
- Real Christmas trees can be placed at the curb like brush/limbs. no need to call to schedule a pick up. Fake and flocked trees can go out with regular trash.
Habitat For Humanity will take your used furniture and other items and give you a tax write off receipt. (click here for more information)