COVID 19 Resources
This page is dedicated to information regarding closures, cancellations, postponements, alerts, and general information from Mount Laurel Township during the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are continually monitoring events and responding as necessary. Use the tab to the left (if using a PC) or tap the 3 green lines above (if using a mobile phone) to access related information.
Municipal Contact Sheet (click here)
LINK TO MOUNT LAUREL TOWNSHIP COVID-19 INFORMATION HUB
New Jersey renters, landlords and homeowners seeking information on the latest housing rules, assistance grants, legal assistance or help working out a rental repayment plan can find answers through the website below
Register for vaccine appointments through the NJ State Health Department
New: Indoor capacity has increased to 35% under Governor Murphy's
new executive order
- Free COVID testing flyer
- Vaccine Registration Link
- Vaccine Fact Sheet 1/15/2021
- Burlington County testing flyer 11/19-11/20
Mount Laurel Mayor and Council held a Special Council meeting on May 1, 2020 and unanimously adopted Resolution 20-R-86 extending the grace period for 2nd quarter taxes until June 1, 2020.
The Department of Labor created a new web portal that allows New Jersey residents to contact the Department of Labor directly. This is a helpful tool for residents who have questions about their applications. To submit a message, residents must go to www.myunemployment.nj.gov and follow the instructions below:
- On the top navigation, scroll to the right for “Need Help” and unveil the drop down menu
- Choose Send an Email
- Choose Email: Submit a message through our new online form.
- Follow the prompts
Employment and assistance for New Jersey Community College Students
Per New Jersey State law Mount Laurel property taxes are still due on May 1st. At this time the Township Council or Tax Collector do not have the authority to allow a municipality to extend the grace period more than the statutory 10 days. All May property taxes are due no later than May 10th in order to avoid interest. The Municipal Building is currently closed to the public due to the Governor’s Executive Order until further notice, you may pay property taxes in any of the following manners.
Mail a check or money order made payable to:
Mount Laurel Township, 100 Mount Laurel Road, Mount Laurel NJ 08054
- Drop off your check or money order to the Municipal building. There is a security drop box located at the main entrance of the building on the right attached to the wall. It is marked in red “Tax Collector’s Office”
- If you utilize one of these two options and would like a receipt of payment, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope .
- You can also make payment online through our website at www.mountlaurel.com There is a tab on the left of the homepage “Pay Taxes Online” it is the second tab down.
We will not be accepting any cash payments at this time. Any question for the tax office please call 856-234-0001 option 3.
Yesterday Governor Murphy signed Executive Order 120 changing the Primary Election date to Tuesday, July 7.
4 Executive Orders released today by Governor Murphy:
- EO-116 Extending Statutory Deadlines for School Districts Whose Elections Were Moved from April to May
- EO-117 Waiving Student Assessment Requirements for 2019-2020 School Year
- EO-118 Closing State and County Parks to Further Social Distancing
- EO-119 Extending Public Health Emergency in New Jersey
Office of Senator Corey Booker resource guide for NJ (CLICK HERE)
From the Tax Collector's Office
Because the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to negatively impact the State economy, the New Jersey Department of the Treasury has frozen a portion of spending. Regrettably, this includes freezing funding to support the Homestead Benefit Credit that would have been applied to the May 1st. 2020 property tax payment. Payments can be made online through our Mount Laurel Township website www.mountlaurel.com or can be placed in a Drop Box located on the wall to the right of the main entrance. Checks or Money Orders only we will NOT be accepting Cash.
Different towns and cities around the world have been coming together at a designated time to stand on their porches or open their windows and thank their first responders by clapping their hands and saying thank you! Today at noon let us all thank our first responders!
In response to Governor Phil Murphy’s executive order on 3/21/2020 Laurel Acres Park will be closed until further notice. Laurel Acres Park has always been a place for families and friends to gather and enjoy the variety of recreation the park has to offer. Unfortunately, congregating in groups, and visiting parks goes against the “stay at home” orders the Governor enacted today. We look forward to when our community will once again be able to enjoy all of the parks Mount Laurel has to offer. Until then, visit www.mountlaurel.com for up to date information in closures and cancellations in regards to COVID-19.
The contractor will be completing the milling and paving of Union Mill Road between Academy Drive and Holiday Blvd during the week of March 23, 2020. The work will be completed between the hours of 8am and 4pm. Police will be directing traffic and only one lane will be able to pass at time. Please seek alternate routes. We suggest using Hainesport Road or S. Church Street to Elbo Lane.
Please be advised that due to the current State of Emergency and Public Health Emergency and in an effort to prevent further spread of COVID-19, the following meetings will be cancelled:
- March 23rd Regular Council Meeting
- March 30th Special Zoning Board Meeting
- April 1st Regular Zoning Board Meeting
- April 9th Regular Planning Board Meeting
In order to protect the health and safety of the community and our employees, and to help minimize the spread of COVID-19, Mount Laurel Township Municipal Buildings will be temporarily closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16, 2020. The closure will remain in effect through March 27, 2020, at which time the situation will be reevaluated. Trash will continue to be collected. Some employees will be working remotely checking phone messages and emails. Please continue to visit our website for up to date information. . If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Council meeting on March 23rd is cancelled.
- Hazardous Waste Collection on 3/21 is cancelled.
- White goods, Tv, and tire pick up is postponed until further notice.
- Municipal Court is cancelled from 3/16- 3/27
- Mount Laurel Library is closed until further notice
In an effort to limit large group activity in response to the COVID-19, the playgrounds at Laurel Acres Park as well as the bathrooms will be closed until further notice. The park itself will remain open every day until 8 PM for individual recreation but not group events or competitions. We encourage you to practice social distancing as recommended by the CDC. All other parks (Memorial Complex, Spencer Park, Trotters) will be closed. The recreation/walking trails will remain open inside the curfew hours.Play equipment at any park including neighborhood parks should not be used. We will continue to reevaluate the situation daily.