Department of Public Works

Important Announcements 

Burlington County Shred Events

2017 Trash Collection Schedule Delays and important information


All dates are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances like weather and other delays.   When a road is going to be paved it is Federal Law that Handicap Ramps are updated as well to comply with ADA Provisions. This includes adding, expanding, and improving current ramps.

If at anytime you have you encounter an issue with your property/landscaping as a result of work done by a contractor  please call Public works at 856-234-0001 ext 1241

Notice To Residents 

 Sorrel Run  5/8-5/14  7/13-7/16  complete
 Gaskill Road  5/15-5/21  7/14-7/17  complete
 Wood Lark Drive  8/10-8/16  9/5-9/7  complete
 Garden Way  6/8-6/11  9/12-9/15  complete
 Bretton Way  7/20-7/26  8/29-9/2  complete
 Union Mill (Ark to 38)  8/7-8/13  9/4-9/7  complete
 Stratton Lane  6/19-6/26  7/14-7/18  complete
 South Lake Drive  6/2-6/19  6/24-6/28  complete
 Squirrel Tree Lane  4/15-4/18  5/5-5/8  complete
 White Chapel Drive  complete
 Saint Andrews Drive/Ct.  6/24-6/26  7/10-7/12  complete
 Sheffield Lane  complete
 Country Court  6/22-6/23 6/23-6/28  complete
 Schoolhouse Terrace  6/26-6/27  6/27-6/28  complete
 Homestead Court  6/23-6/28  6/27-6/28  complete
 Mapleview Court  6/26-6/27  6/27-6/28  complete
 Chaucer Road/Court  6/26-6/27  6/27-6/28  complete
 Leadenhall/Bishop’s Gate  6/22-7/7  8/1-8/15  complete
 Union Mill Road (Walton-Briggs)  7/10-7/21  8/14-8/31  complete


*Spring Time Yard waste and brush clean up tends to generate a lot more volume of debris than the rest of the year. During this period there could be times when Public Works can run behind. If you have any questions about this matter you can always call Public Works at 856-234-0001 ext 1241 



- Reporting Potholes

- Trash Collection

- Recycling information

- Snow Removal

- Mosquito Control

-Animal Control



Recognizing the impact that this winter has had with regard to the extensive volume of potholes throughout the township, Residents are encouraged to call in the locations of potholes they have encountered while traversing the township. This will assist us in collecting additional information necessary to expedite repairs in a more efficient and timely manner. However, not all roads in Mount Laurel are maintained by the Township. Some of the roads are maintained by the county. A list of those roads and information on reporting potholes to the county is provided below:

County Roads:  You can contact the County Highway Department at 609-726-7300 or

Ark Road (sections)

Centerton Road

Church Road

Church Street

Creek Road

Elbo Lane

Fellowship Road

Hainesport-Mt.Laurel Road

Hartford Road

Marne Highway

Masonville Road

Masonville-Fostertown Road

Mount Laurel Road

Westfield Road (near Centerton Road)

Springdale Road




  Snow Removal Information (Click on Link)


Trash Collection

Trash Collection Schedule

Regular Trash Collection Schedule (PDF)           

Regular Pickup Days – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday


  • Trash cans cannot weigh anymore than 50 lbs. and bags should not weigh anymore than 45 to 50 lbs.
  • Trash should not be placed at the curb any earlier than 24 hours before scheduled pick-up.  Trash cans are to be removed from the curb within 24 hours of pick-up.
  • Trash Cans must be outside containers only, all other containers will be considered trash.
  • Construction debris:  Debris that is generated by a homeowner can and will be picked up with regular household trash. Nails must either be removed or hammered down so an injury does not occur. Wood must be cut in no larger than 4 foot sections. Outside contractors are required to remove any debris they generate.
  • Furniture and bedding can be placed at the curb for your regular trash pick up.

Habitat For Humanity will take your used furniture and other items and give you a tax write off receipt(click here for more information)



Concrete, bricks, stone, dirt, sod, asphalt, etc. cannot be picked up by Gold Medal or Public Works. These items are the responsibility of the homeowner.


  • Bagged grass and small garden debris should be placed with your regular trash
  • Bagged leaves, and loose brush cannot go to the landfill. Please separate them from your regular trash and put it out on your trash day the second and fourth week of the month (except leaf season Oct-Jan) a schedule will be posted. You do not have to call to schedule a pick up.

Tire Pick-Up

Car and truck tires (excluding tractor trailer tires) must be removed from the rims.  Tires are picked up on the third Friday of each month.  Residents must call Public Works to schedule the pick-up. Burlington County residents can also take tires, on or off the rim, to the Burlington County Landfill.

Appliance Pick-up

Any appliance or air conditioner can be picked up Wednesdays.  Residents must call Public Works to schedule the pick-up.

Televisions and Computers

After 12/31/10, TV’s, & VCR’s will no longer be permitted to be put into the landfill. These items will be picked up by Public Works on Wednesdays. Residents must either call for pickup or they can bring these items to the recycling area on Midlantic Drive. Any TV’s, computers, monitors, etc. put out with trash will be left at the curb.



***Recycling will be picked up                       2017-2018 Recycling Schedule
on every other Tuesday.***                             Need to recycle holiday lights? Click here for more information.

What can I recycle at the curb?

Acceptable Items:
Newspaper, cardboard, magazines, paperback books, phone books, computer paper, office and school paper, gray color cardboard (cereal boxes).

Glass bottles, glass food containers, aluminum cans, steel cans, plastic bottles #1 or #2, 5. empty aerosol cans – All of these items should be rinsed clean and then placed in your recycling bucket. For Plastic milk, water & soda bottles, throw away lids & caps.

Items that are Not Acceptable:
Plastic Bags, Pizza boxes, hardback books, large amounts of shredded paper, soiled paper/cardboard, food contaminated cardboard/paper, foil or plastic coated paper/cardboard, clay or plastic flower pots, crystal, aluminum foil, plastic bags, plastic items that are not a bottle, plastic bottles #3, #4,#6, and #7, ceramic mugs or plates, drinking glasses, ovenware, light bulbs, mirrors, window glass, motor oil or pesticide containers.

Recyclables should be out at the curb by 6 am!

More questions about what you can recycle? (click here)

Hazardous Material

The Township holds a hazardous material drop-off on the first Saturday of every month (unless a holiday weekend). Drop-off is at the Recycling Center on Midlantic drive. Hours of operation for the drop-off are 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Residents are required to show proof of residency at the drop-off. Allowable items: Paint(latex and oil based), solvents, driveway sealers, aerosols, antifreeze, oil, batteries, fluorescent tubes and ballasts, pesticides, pool chemicals and gasoline (which should be brought in a clearly marked container).

What can I recycle at the drop off center?

Acceptable Items:
Paper, cardboard, food and beverage cans, glass bottles and jars, plastic bottles, household and automotive batteries, uncontaminated used motor oil, computers, televisions, and other electronics. The recycling center is open 24 hours a day, every day. The center is monitored by surveillance camera.

What is my recycling day?

Every other Tuesday.    

Where is the Mount Laurel Recycling Drop-Off Center?

The Mount Laurel Recycling Drop-Off Center is located behind town hall and adjacent to the Public Works Building. To make room for the new meeting facility center, the recycling center has moved to the back of the property. The entrance is located on MIDLANTIC DRIVE.


Who can I contact if I have more questions about recycling?


If you have questions about curbside pickup contact the County Recycling Office at (609) 267-6889.

If you have questions about the recycling drop off center, recycling pick up, or obtaining a recycling bucket, please call (856) 234-0001 ext 1241.

Burlington County Recycling:

If you haven’t heard Burlington County is now single stream recycling.


Burlington County Mosquito Control 

Burlington County, as the largest county in New Jersey, has large areas that have potential to breed mosquitoes. These areas include, farm land, wetlands (fresh and salt water), home yards, stormwater facilities, and sewer plants. These areas need to be addressed as best as possible to control mosquitoes and the viruses they can spread. One of the best ways to control a pest over a large area is by approaching the area as an area-wide integrated pest management. Integrated Pest Management is an approach that focuses on multiple sources to control a pest; while area wide tries to group it all together and get everyone working at once.

Visit Their Page Below:

Complaint Form

or call: 609-265-5064

Animal Control

For any animal control issues please contact Willingboro Animal Control at 609-877-3000.